DOJ approves search warrant for bank records of Trump campaign manager – Reuters

NEW YORK (Reuters) – The U.S. Justice Department approved a search warrant on Wednesday to search the records of the Trump campaign’s former finance chairman, who was charged in a federal corruption case.

The Trump campaign, a Republican-aligned political action committee, said in a statement on Thursday that it is reviewing the decision.

The search warrant was granted by a federal magistrate judge in Manhattan who previously ordered the Trump Campaign to turn over records about Mr. Manafort, the campaign chairman and his son, Paul, a former campaign adviser.

The Manafort indictment charged Mr. Trump with money laundering, conspiracy, and wire fraud.

In a statement, the Trump Organization said it was disappointed that the search warrant has been approved and that it will be reviewing the ruling.

The Associated Press and Reuters have reported that Manafort’s former campaign manager, Rick Gates, is also under federal investigation.

Gates is accused of using his connections to Manafort to help orchestrate the campaign’s spending on travel, hotel and office space and other expenses.

Related Post